Chair: Jim Travis
Members: Janice Spiezio; Laurie Simulis; Lorie Higgins
• Ensure common areas are mowed
• Evaluate and make recommendations on preventative and corrective maintenance on gates, docks, roads, etc.
• Manage contractors supporting common area maintenance & repairs
• Support HOA Board and Finance Committee on hiring/replacing contractors• Support Finance Committee in establishing/evaluating budget
• Support HOA Board, if requested, with architectural review authority matters
• Organize "community work days" to keep costs down and help maintain/beautify SL. For example, each winter, organize a shoreline clean-up project and bonfire.
What Landscaping & Grounds committee is not:
• Enforcers of home owner landscaping rules and regulations
• Expected personal volunteers to do all the work
• Authority for Architecture review decisions (HOA Board responsibility)
What landscaping & grounds committee is:
• Custodians of the HOA common property and grounds
• Seven Lakes Contact for Common Property Issues (e.g. gate broken, pot hole in road, etc.)
• Project managers (POC and direction giver to contractors doing work)