Members: Janice Spiezio, Rhonda Shirley, Barbara Graham, Douglas Deal
Responsibilities of Chair position:
• Follow established guidelines (process and criteria) for dealing with HOA rules violations. Obtain HOA Board approval of guidance document and letters. For example, if covenant violation exists, courtesy notice sent. If violation not addressed, initiate and implement fine in accordance with Board approved fine schedule.
• Evaluation of written complaints against HOA covenants and making compliance determinations
• Make recommendations to Executive Board for action to address infractions
• Evaluate new issues that don’t fit with existing rules, but may have broader Seven Lakes impacts, propose solutions and draft rules change/new guidance as appropriate and present to Board for decision.
• Seek to balance confidentiality (of those reporting violations) with transparency so that actions can be communicated and understood. (Example: HOA received complaint ABC, rules state 123, therefore, XYZ action was taken)
• Utilize Board President if/when needed to deal with extreme issues
• Stay professional and fact-based at all times (not based on whims or emotions).
What rules committee chair is not:
• All powerful rule makers (Congress)
• All powerful rule enforcers (Police)
What rules committee chair is:
• Expert on understanding and interpreting the HOA covenants
• Give people a fair voice, but if in violation, recommend the proper solution.
• Eyes and ears of the HOA Board making sure rules are obeyed to preserve home values
If you have any questions, please email 7LakesRules@gmail.com